This recipe of Moist Chocolate Cake is the perfect choice to leave your guest spellbind this Christmas! Inspiration from this chocolate cake recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
|All Purpose Flour||2 Cups|
|Powdered Sugar||2 Cups|
|Boiling Water||1 Cup|
|Vegetable Oil||1 Cup|
|Baking Powder||2 Tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||7 Drops|
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING:
|Powdered Sugar||680 g|
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp|
|Chocolate curls||½ Cup|
PREPARATION: Tools: Oven, Beater, A large mixing bowl, Shallow dish, 9 by 13” spring form tin, knife
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C
- Line and grease 9 by 13” spring form tin.
- In shallow dish whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Take the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat it well with the beater for at least 10 to 15 min till it holds thick ribbons.
- Add in Vanilla essence, flour mixture, vegetable oil, boiling water and buttermilk to egg mixture and beat it with beater until the batter becomes smooth and fluffy.
- Scrape the batter into the tin and bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes until done. Bake the cake until the knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Unmold prepared cake from tin after some time, remove the lining and let it cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, softened butter, vanilla essence and a little milk in a mixing bowl.
- Whip at high speed until it is smooth and creamy. Add milk as required to get the right consistency.
- Spread this icing evenly on the top surface and sides of the cake.
- Garnish the top of the delicious Chocolate Cake with chocolate curls.
How to make buttermilk:
Add white vinegar to milk with a ratio of 1 teaspoon vinegar to 1 cup milk. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before adding to recipe.